At The Body Factory the health and safety of our members is our highest priority. We realise the ongoing coverage about COVID-19 is potentially unsettling and we wanted to let you know about the steps we are taking to keep health and safety standards high. We have:
- Installed signage with best hygiene practice across the gym including washing hands, avoiding touching eyes, nose and mouth and to stay awayfrom training if you are unwell
- We have increased staff cleaning and wipe downs of the facility and equipment
- Introduced pre-and post-training equipment wipe downs
- Introduced policy that you must train with a towel (towels will soon be available for purchase at The Body Factory) that should be for your body when laying on a mat and also a sweat towel
- Flooring, turf and carpets are being professionally cleaned
- Toilets and bathrooms are well stocked with soap and hand sanitiser units are being sourced
- We are introducing outdoor training session as well as online, at home workouts
- Staff and trainers are being regularly briefed and updated about hygiene requirements
- We are monitoring the Australian Government recommendations on good hygiene practice
- Communication are regularly being released on our social media channels such as Instagram and Facebook
Australia’s Chief Medical Offer has stated that gym training is fine provided you practice good hygiene. NSW Health have also reinforced this message but suggest additional hygiene measures are required. These both include the regular washing of hands, avoiding touching the eye, nose and mouth and training with a sweat towel which we ask of all members.
You can be assured we are doing all possible to ensure the safety and well-being of our members and staff. If you have concerns, please contact us on the information below:
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this article are entirely an opinion by The Body Factory or representative thereof and do not take into account your individual health, circumstances or needs. For personal guidance, you should contact us or other qualified fitness or health professional.